THE 1ST FRIDAY OF THE MONTH*
LGBTQ+ Nude Figure Drawing
*The March class will be held near the end of the month on:
Friday, March 27th
6-8 PM at the Center
Brooklyn Community Pride Center is hosting monthly LGBTQ+ Nude Figure Drawing workshops on the first Friday of the month, generously facilitated by Charrow of Sketchy Queers. No previous sketching experience is required.
We are asking participants for a voluntary donation of $20, or whatever you can spare, to pay the models and to cover the cost of materials. No need to register if you want to participate, just show up! Please find more information for participants below.
Are you interested in being a model for one of the workshops? Please reach out to Charrow at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll find more information for interested models below.
Info for participants:
- This is a figure drawing event for and by the LGBTQ community
- This workshop features traditional figure drawing, a.k.a. nude, and most of the models are untrained
- This event is casual and respectful
- There are a variety of poses from 30 seconds to 20 minutes
- There are typically two models who will demonstrate a range of poses
- Limited art supplies are provided — you may bring your own
- People are encouraged to share their art on social media with the permission of the models
- There is no photography of the models permitted
- Bring your own drinks/snacks
Info for interested models:
- You do not need previous experiencing modeling
- It’s nude modeling
- Drawings might be used to promote the event on social media including Instagram and Facebook
- Sheets, blankets, and chairs are provided
- It’s recommended you bring a robe
- There are breaks between short and long poses
- Your pay is determined by the number of attendees and how much they donate
- Feel free to bring props!
- Pose break down: 30 second poses (10), 1 minute poses (5), 5 minute poses (2), 15 minute poses (2), 20 minute poses (2)
- We strongly encourage all gender identities and bodies to model — we love your body!
For more information, please contact Charrow at email@example.com.